The Golden Globes are live this Sunday at 8 ET/5 PT on NBC with Ricky Gervais as the host again. (He hosted 2010, 2011 & 2012.) Tina Fey and Amy Poehler OWNED this awards show for the last few years and I’m sad to see them go. I don’t get as excited for the Globes as I do the Oscars–they are edgier and more entertaining, but I have a soft spot for the Oscars.
I typically host an Oscar party every year, and I’ll share my party ideas for that closer to time. But for now, here are some fun ideas for your Globes viewing party. (Don’t forget the Red Carpet pre-show at 7 ET/4 PT!)
And speaking of awards…
As someone who hasn’t received many, I will totally take this Versatile Blogger Award! (Thank you for the nomination, Coolbeans4!)
I’d like to nominate Rachel Running Wild. I am one of those terrible bloggers who is very bad at keeping up with other people’s blogs (I need to be better about this!), but when I do have a free moment, I like to read Rachel’s. She’s a local Yelp friend who keeps me informed on the area and has a beautiful blog with a gorgeous layout, beautiful pics, and yummy recipes.
Finally, per the rules of the nomination, here are 7 (totally random) things about myself.
- I’m afraid of alligators. (I grew up on the East Coast and went to SC/FL beaches…the threat was real!)
- I was in show choir in high school and loved every minute of it.
- I stay up way too late, which is why this will be hitting your inbox/feed around midnight.
- I’ve been inside the Magic Castle in Los Angeles, and it’s one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had.
- I have absolutely no idea where I want to live next, but I have to make that decision relatively soon. Gulp.
- I didn’t start drinking coffee until four or five years ago, and now I’m an addict.
- I saw Cirque Du Soleil in Montreal when I was a kid in the late ’80s…long before they were famous outside of Canada. I couldn’t understand a word of French, but it was so fun and I still have the gigantic program with autographs of the performers!